The Visitor visa allows people to come Australia on a temporary basis, usually for 3 months. Reasons for coming to Australia include for a holiday, sightseeing, social or recreational reasons, to visit friends and family. Other non-work related reasons may also be permitted.
Depending on their country of passport, the ‘Genuine Visitor’ test can be difficult for some people and in some circumstances may result in a Visitor visa application being refused. People from countries, which are eligible for the Electronic Travel Authority (ETA), see below, generally do not have any issues with the Genuine Visitor test, especially when they can simply apply for an ETA instead of a Visitor Visa. However, others may have Genuine Visitor visa issues.
Contact Migration Agent Australia for help with your Visitor visa and meeting the ‘Genuine Visitor’ test.
Visitor visas include:
The Visitor visa (subclass 600) comprises:
- Tourist stream: holiday, recreation or to visit family and friends
- Business Visitor stream: short business visit
- Sponsored Family stream: visit their family
- Approved Destination Status stream: organised tour groups from China
Visitor Visas – Visa Requirements
For the Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) visa, the applicant:
- must hold a passport from one of the following countries: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong (SAR of China), Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, Norway, Portugal, Republic of San Marino, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, The Netherlands, United Kingdom—British Citizen, United Kingdom—British National (Overseas), United States, Vatican City.
- be outside Australia when the visa application is applied for and granted
- can only apply to travel to Australia as a tourist or for business purposes
For the Visitor visa, the applicant:
- Tourist stream: must be a genuine visitor
- Business Visitor stream: must be of business background, conduct business activities and have valid reasons to travel to Australia
- Sponsored Family stream: must be a genuine visitor, be sponsored by an eligible relative and in some instances provide a security bond ($5,000 to $15,000)
- Approved Destination Status stream: must be from China and the visa application must be through an agent registered with the Approved Destination Status scheme for travel to Australia as part of a tour group
|Electronic Transit Authority (ETA) visa|
Base Application Charge
Internet Service Fee per applicant
Base Application Charge (Offshore)
Base Application Charge (Onshore)
Subsequent Application Charge (Onshore)