Prospective Marriage Visa
Often referred as the ‘Fiance visa‘, the Prospective Marriage visa is for couples who are engaged and need more time to plan for their wedding in Australia. Holders of the Prospective Marriage visa may enter and remain in Australia for a nine (9) month validity period from the date of visa approval.
Within this nine (9) month time frame, the applicant and sponsor must get married to each other and then the applicant will need to lodge a Partner visa (onshore) to stay in Australia. During these special moments and a wonderful time in your life, you would like to enjoy these celebrations rather than worry about your Prospective Marriage visa.
Contact Migration Agent Australia and let us take the stress out of this important process.
Prospective Marriage Visa – Visa Requirements
The sponsor must be one of the following:
- an Australian citizen
- an Australian permanent resident
- an eligible New Zealand citizen
The applicant must:
- be at least 18 years of age
- be outside Australia when the visa application is applied for and granted
The sponsor and applicant must:
- show that since turning 18 years of age that the sponsor and applicant have met each other face to face
- demonstrate the relationship is genuine and continuing and there is a mutual commitment between the partners to a shared life as husband and wife to the exclusion of all others
- be of opposite sex and not the same-sex
|Base Application Charge|
Additional Application Charge (18 and over)
Additional Application Charge (under 18)